logback files are not being created in version 14.5

Description

The customer wants a separate log for each PU. He is using the logback framework. He is deploying the PU with its logback configuration.
This work for him using version 10.2 but after upgrading to 14.5 it stops creating a separate log for each PU and the log messages are being logged to the GSA console.
I have tested it by creating a project for 10.2.1 and for 14.5
Test for 10.2.1 - the backlog has been created.
1. download and create 10_2-non-breeze-pu project in Intellij
2. edit logback.xml and change the path: /Users/yuval/Downloads/10_2-non-breeze-pu/TestLogBack.log to the place you want that the PU log will be created.
2. edit setenv.sh and add to EXT_JAVA_OPTIONS the path to logback.xml
e.g:
EXT_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Dlogback.configurationFile=/Users/yuval/Downloads/10_2-non-breeze-pu/src/main/resources/logback.xml
3. start the grid using ./gs-agent.sh - this will start 1 gsm, 1 lus and 2 gscs
4. deploy /Users/yuval/Downloads/10_2-non-breeze-pu/target/standalone-pu.jar to the grid.
Result:
As expected, TestLogBack.log are being created under /Users/yuval/Downloads/10_2-non-breeze-pu

Test for 14.5 - the backlog wasn’t created
1. download and create non-breeze-pu project in Intellij
2. edit logback.xml and change the path: /Users/yuval/Downloads/non-breeze-pu/TestLogBack.log to the place you want that the PU log will be created.
2. edit setenv-overrides.sh and add to EXT_JAVA_OPTIONS the path to logback.xml
e.g:
export EXT_JAVA_OPTIONS='-Dlogback.configurationFile=/Users/yuval/Downloads/non-breeze-pu/src/main/resources/logback.xml'
3. start the grid using ./gs-agent.sh - this will start 1 gsm, 1 lus and 2 gscs
4. deploy /Users/yuval/Downloads/non-breeze-pu/target/standalone-pu.jar to the grid.
Result:
I got java.lang.LinkageError & ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.core.NestedExceptionUtils
I have tried the following:
1. added spring-core-5.1.7.RELEASE.jar to lib/required
2. moved xap-slf4j.jar from lib/required to platform/ext
3. also the customer tried a few things that didn't fix the problem (see case 12563).

This issue seems related to the change of adding slf4j to our classpath.

 

Test for 14.2 - the backlog has been created

Same steps as the Test for 14.5

 

Note: the final fix should work with esm, as the customer will still use esm in the first phase.

Workaround

None

Acceptance Test

None

Status

Assignee

Unassigned

Reporter

Yuval Dori

Labels

None

Priority

Critical

SalesForce Case ID

12563

Fix versions

None

Commitment Version/s

None

Due date

None

Product

XAP

Edition

Premium

Platform

All
Configure